Willie Nelson, Ice Cube, more
Besides the rides, fries, and butter cow, the Ohio State Fair is known for its abundant music.
Free music, including folk, bluegrass to blues, indie rock and Latin fusion, will be played several times a day on the Main Street Stage and AARP Ohio Gazebo Stage.
And major artists, including Ice Cube and Willie Nelson, will perform at the 10,000-seat Celeste Center.
Ohio State Fair 2022:Willie Nelson among performers to appear at Ohio State Fair
Ohio State Fair 2022:Ohio State Fair set to return to full capacity for the first time since 2019
WIllie Nelson will perform at the Ohio State Fair on August 5
Country music legend Willie Nelson will perform and sing on August 5.
At 89, the country icon shows no signs of slowing down. He has just released his 97th studio album, “A Beautiful Time”, and in September he will be releasing a new book. “Paul and Me” describes his friendship with his best friend and longtime drummer, Paul English, who died in 2020.
After writing songs for others in the 1950s, including ‘Funny How Time Slips Away’ and ‘Crazy’, he turned to recording his own music, where he became one of the pioneers outlaw country. He has a full concert schedule this summer, including several in Ohio, following a 4th of July gig in Austin where he invited Beto O’Rourke on stage to join him on guitar.
Rapper Ice Cube takes the stage on August 4
Rapper and actor Ice Cube will appear on August 4. The rapper, who made a name for himself in the gangsta rap group NWA, when he wrote most of the lyrics for the group’s album “Straight Outta Compton”, is not touring much this year: his concert at the Ohio State Fair is one of four U.S. appearances scheduled for the remainder of 2022.
Ice Cube recently teamed up with fellow rap veterans Snoop Dogg, E-40 and Too $hort to form supergroup Mount Westmore, which just released their debut album, “Bad MFs.” These days, when he’s not rapping, he’s promoting his 3-on-3 pro basketball league, Big3.
Comedian Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias will perform at the Celeste Center on August 3
Comedian Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias will perform at the Celeste Center on August 3. on tour for several years. Expect generally family stories about his life and family.
Toby Keith unable to attend fair
Unfortunately, country star Toby Keith, who was scheduled to perform at the fair on July 28, will not be able to perform. He announced via social media on June 12 that he was battling stomach cancer.
“I’ve spent the last 6 months receiving chemo, radiation and surgery. So far so good. I need time to breathe, recover and relax. I look forward to spend this time with my family. But I’ll see the fans sooner rather than later. Can’t wait,” Keith wrote.
Buckeye Country Superfest:Buckeye Country Superfest 2022 at Ohio Stadium in Columbus: What you need to know
2022 Ohio State Fair Concert Lineup
All events take place at the WCOL Celeste Center. (Note: tickets purchased in advance also give access to the fair)
• July 27: Kidz Bop Live, 6:30 p.m., $20
• July 28: Generation Radio, 7 p.m., free
• July 29: Foreigner, 7:30 p.m., $40 to $50
• July 30: Nelly, 7 p.m., $35 to $45
• July 31 : All-Ohio State Fair Band and Youth Choir, 1 p.m., free
• July 31 : Dru Hill and Raheem DeVaughn, 7:30 p.m., $30
• 1st of August : Zach Williams, 7 p.m., $30
• August 2nd : The Drifters, 1 p.m., free
• August 2nd : Scotty McCreery, 7:30 p.m. Aug. 2, $30
• August 3: Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias, 7 p.m., $45-$55
• August 4: Ice cube, 7 p.m., $40 to $50
• 5 August : Willie Nelson, 7:30 p.m., $47
• August 6: Lakeside and Con Funk Shun, 7 p.m., $30
Outside music:Ohio’s Outdoor Concert Halls Play Big Artists in July: Keith Urban, Rod Stewart, Bonnie Raitt
Free concerts at the Ohio State Fair
• There are a variety of free music acts that perform at the fair. For a complete list, visit the fair’s website https://www.ohiostatefair.com/p/entertainment/concerts1
2022 Ohio State Fair Dates
• From July 27 to August 7
• Monday to Friday: 10 am to 9 pm; Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., except August 7, when doors close at 6 p.m.
• At the door: $10 for ages 13 to 59, $8 for ages 6 to 12 and 60 and over, free for ages 5 and under. Advance tickets $8 through July 26 online.
• A variety of discount days are available. For more information, visit https://www.ohiostatefair.com/p/visit/special-days
• Parking is free. Take I-71 to Exit 111 (17th Avenue). Signs and parking attendants will direct customers to parking areas. Free shuttles will transport customers from the parking areas to the fairgrounds.
• Camping will be available for $50 per night. Reservations required. RV camping only – no tents.
ticket vending machines
• Ticket vending machines will be available at the exhibition center
• Accessible parking is available, assistive listening devices are available free of charge for concerts, manual wheelchairs ($25/day) and electric scooters ($65/day) can be reserved, wheelchair charging stations Wheelchairs are available and service animals are allowed.
Need more information?