Michael Bublé faces backlash after canceling Australian tour

Michael Bublé is facing backlash from Australian fans after postponing his Australian tour less than three weeks before it kicked off.

The Canadian singer, 47, was due to travel Down Under for a nine-date tour across the country this month, but revealed via social media that he had been forced to push the dates back to June 2023 for “reasons logistics”.

Fans were left in awe at the last-minute cancellation, revealing they would be rebooking flights and accommodation to attend the concert.

Michael Bublé is facing backlash from Australian fans after postponing his Australian tour less than three weeks before it kicked off. Photographed on stage in Vancouver last month

Concerts were due to take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth in November and December, but the Vancouver-based star said in a statement they had been delayed by six months.

‘To my friends, my audience and my family in Australia. Despite our best efforts, my team and I have realized that global logistical issues have prevented us from delivering the spectacle that I believe Australians deserve,”

“While this is completely disappointing to all of us, I wanted to be transparent with you and hope you can understand what a difficult decision it was to make,” he wrote.

Many fans responded in dismay, writing, ‘You miserable b*****d. We had reservations to see you, traveling a long distance, booked our trip and accommodation and now we’re screwed.

‘We have thousands of non-refundable dollars. Thanks a lot. It was a special gift for my wife’s 60th birthday. Now it’s stuffed ‘, they added

The Canadian singer, 47, was due to travel Down Under for a nine-date tour across the country this month, but revealed via social media that he had been forced to push the dates back to June 2023 for

The Canadian singer, 47, was due to travel Down Under for a nine-date tour across the country this month, but revealed via social media that he had been forced to push the dates back to June 2023 for “reasons logistics”. His advertisement is illustrated

Another fan hoping for a milestone birthday added: ‘Nooooo! Canceled my 40th birthday and wedding due to lockdown, it was my birthday treat and a night away from the kids but I realize that can’t be helped. See you in June with the bells lit! »

A third added: ‘Oh man! Perth went from having a bad Saturday night to having a Monday night gig… damn it! »

“I can’t go now because we’re going on a cruise then. Must be reimbursed. What a shame because I loved the last tour!’ another tweeted.

Others said they couldn’t get refunds from airlines or hotels, going so far as to say “Christmas is ruined”.

“Why is it so difficult, logistically, to come here? It’s just not fair,” one said.

Others were more supportive, with one saying they were looking forward to it and it was worth the wait.

“Anyone who knows Mike knows it wasn’t an easy decision for him because his fans mean everything to him,” one loyal fan protested.

The Canadian superstar announced the tour in March, following his 11th studio album, Higher.

Concerts were due to take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth in November and December

Concerts were due to take place in Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth in November and December

“I’ve been touring Australia for 20 years and having you all come to my shows makes me feel like the luckiest man alive,” he said at the time.

“I love playing live, being on stage is a complete and absolute pleasure for me. It is a great pleasure and an honor for me to be able to present myself and to be so well received.

In September, the hitmaker revealed he was considering quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child.

The singer, who has sold more than 75 million records worldwide and won awards including four Grammys, but said he’s not enjoying his career as much as he should.

In September, the hitmaker revealed he was considering quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child.

In September, the hitmaker revealed he was considering quitting music to be a full-time father to his children, just weeks after welcoming his fourth child.

He said he wanted to spend more time with his wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, whom they welcomed in September.

Talking about his career on This podcast by Gaby Roslinhe said, “I think I don’t like him that much, I think I’m about to think maybe I can just go and be a dad.”

“I have this image in my mind, just me in a field with my kids and Ed Sheeran’s kids and we’re hugging and picnicking and getting drunk,” he added with a laugh.

Bublé is the latest in a long line of international stars to cancel their Australian tour dates.

In September, British rapper Stormzy canceled the Australian and New Zealand legs of his tour and pulled out of his headlining appearance at the Spilled Milk Festival.

But the 29-year-old said he had to cancel due to “circumstances beyond his control”, with rising US star Steve Lacy replacing him at Spilled Milk.

American rapper Polo G pulled out of the Listen Out festival in September.

Half of English electro duo Disclosure have also pulled out of Listen Out to “take care of their mental health”.

Elsewhere, Nigerian singer Burna Boy canceled his concerts in Sydney days after they were announced.

The star said he wanted to spend more time with his wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, whom they welcomed in September.

The star said he wanted to spend more time with his wife Luisana Lopilato, 35, and their children Noah, nine, Elias, six, Vida, four, and Cielo, whom they welcomed in September.

Comments are closed.