‘Mauka Mauka’ jokes continue as fans gear up for Indo-Pakistan shock
With India’s match against Pakistan in the ICC T20 World Cup scheduled for Sunday, October 24, fans from both countries cannot remain calm. And it’s just not the fans. Even the official tournament broadcaster jumped on the bandwagon with another ‘Mauka Mauka’ advertisement.
Ahead of most anticipated match of the tournament, Star Sports released a second advertisement based on the jokes between the rivals’ fans. What started in 2017 with a focus on an India-Pakistan game has, over time, become a recurring phenomenon every time the two teams go head-to-head.
In the latest ad, a girl and a boy are seen at school, studying the concept of âzeroâ. The girl jokingly tells the boy that his father made up the number. It is later revealed that the boy’s father is the same Pakistani fan seen in previous commercials and the number refers to Pakistan’s total number of victories against India in World Cup matches.
Watch the video here:
Zero ko India does not invent zaroor kiya hai, magar har #MaukaMauka by use karne wale tohâ¦ ð
– Star Sports (@StarSportsIndia) 23 October 2021
Netizens also joined in the fun, placing bets on the continuation of the Men in Blue winning streak or on the Pakistanis who will eventually avenge all previous losses.
– Krishna (@Atheist_Krishna) 23 October 2021
– Abhishek (@ Ingenuity402) 23 October 2021
– Anand Singhaniya (@anandcasm) 23 October 2021
– .. (@ mayurh1710) 23 October 2021
– Nupur Choudharyð®ð³ (@Humanwithavibe) 23 October 2021
– Rishcastic (@Rishcastic_meme) 23 October 2021
– The Observer (@iammspatil) 23 October 2021
– Mohit Rathi (@oyerathi) 23 October 2021
Ind vs Pak Match exists *
Meanwhile, the Pak team players after seeing India’s performance in the warm-up matches: – pic.twitter.com/2OJyTOTnsf
– Return Se First (@BackSeFirst) 23 October 2021
– Dan! ï¸ (@ Dani_Baloch7) 22 October 2021